“Understanding the Seven Rays gives you the ability to see people as they are… By seeing people from different aspects, from different facets, your understanding deepens.”
Master Choa Kok Sui
What are the Seven Rays?
To explore this broad subject that many great thinkers and spiritual teachers have discussed including Alice Bailey, Madam Blavatsky, Ernest Wood and Master Choa Kok Sui, we first need to understand what the Seven Rays are. For this matter there are a number of points to consider:
1. There is only one Life and the seven basic qualities or aspects are originated from it through the diversity of forms.
2. These seven qualities are called the Seven Rays and are in fact the seven lives that give life to the forms, the laws and their urge for evolution.
3. Life, Soul and Body, constitute all that exists, with a capacity for growth, activity, manifestation of beauty and full conformity of the Plan. This Plan is rooted in the consciousness of the Seven Rays Lives.
4. These Seven Rays whose nature is expression of qualities produce cyclically the manifested world. They work together in the closest union and harmony and cooperate intelligently with the Plan, under the guidance of the Great Architect of the Universe.
5. Each Ray predominantly expresses itself through one of the seven sacred planets; but the life of all the seven, flows through every planet, including the Earth and therefore affects every form. Each planet is a small replica of the general scheme and following the purpose of the whole.
6. Humanity is an expression of the life of God and every human being has come forth along one line or other of the seven ray forces. Each human being’s form, qualities and character is affected by the ray that breathed him forth in every world period; the form and nature change from life to life according to the cyclic need and the environing group condition, which is decided by the ray or rays in incarnation at the time.
7. The Monad is the Life, living in union with the seven ray lives. The structure of the manifested world is composed of one Monad, seven rays and myriads of forms.
8. The Laws, which govern the quality or soul, though the medium of forms, are simply the mental purpose and life direction of the Lords of the Rays, whose vision is perfect and whose justice is supreme.
9. The method of the development of humanity is self-expression and self-realization. When the self that is expressed is the One Self and the realization is the revelation of God as the quality and life behind the manifested world, this process is fulfilled.
10. The method to bring this realization is experience, beginning with individualization and ending with initiation.
Seven Rays and Their Qualities
As discussed, a Ray is referred to a particular force or type of energy, with a certain quality that it exhibits. So when we discuss about certain ray energy, basically we are considering that quality and the purpose aspect of the great Life who is known as the “Lord of the Ray.” His divine intention, will and purpose create a radiation or stream of energy that affects all forms of manifested life within our planetary ring-pass-not.
“Different aspects of Truth can be seen through the Seven Rays. Each Ray sees things differently and has its own way of doing things. Each Ray has a different opinion.”
Ray 1. Strength – I will be strong, brave persevering in His service.
Ray 2. Wisdom – I will attain the intuitional wisdom, which can be developed only through perfect love.
Ray 3. Adaptability or Tact – I will gain the power of saying and doing just the right thing at the right time moment of meeting each man on his own ground, in order to help him more efficiently.
Ray 4. Beauty and Harmony – So far as I can, I will bring beauty and harmony into my life and surroundings, that I may be more worthy of Him; I will learn to see beauty in all nature, that so I may serve Him better.
Ray 5. Science (detailed knowledge) – I will gain knowledge and accuracy, that I may devote them to His work.
Ray 6. Devotion – I will unfold within myself the mighty power of devotion, that through it I may bring others to Him.
Ray 7. Ordered Service (ceremonial magic) – I will so order and arrange my service of God along the lines which He has prescribed that I may be able fully to take advantage of the loving help which His Holy Angels are always waiting to render.
|2||Sapphire||Lapis / Turquoise|
|3||Emerald||Aquamarine / Jade|
|4||Jasper||Agate / Serpentine|
|5||Topaz||Citrine / Steatite|
|6||Ruby||Tourmaline / Garnet|
|7||Amethyst||Porphyry / Violane|
Seven Rays and The Masters
The Lords of the Rays are in fact the creating and sustaining energies that implement the Will of the planetary Logos. They cooperate with Him in the defining and expression of His supreme purpose. They create the needed new forms, vitalize and qualify that through which the immediate divine intention is expressing itself; and they cause the fading out or dying of the form aspects. In this way they produce cycles of destruction and thus make room for the new forms and expressions of life.
The Central Light, which we call Deity, the one Ray of Divinity, manifests firsts as a Trinity and then as a Septenary. The One God shines forth as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and these three again are reflected through the Seven Planetary Logoi.
“One Life sought expansion” resulting in seven aeons, or emanations, manifesting in the expression of life, becoming the “seven Rishis of all the ancient scriptures.”
|3||Master Venetian Chohan|
Special thanks goes to Mr. Prakash Balgopal of Pranic Healing Middle East & Africa for providing the information.
- Bailey, A. A. (1995). The Seven Rays of Life. Lucis Publishing Companies.
- Bailey, A. A. (1971). Esoteric Psychology: A Treatise on the Seven Rays (Vol. Vol. 1). Lucis Publishing Company.
- Bailey, A. A. (1973). A Treatise on Cosmic Fire. Lucis Publishing Company.
- Master Choa Kok Sui. (2004). Achieve the Impossible, The Golden Lotus Sutras on Spiritual Business Management. Institute for Inner Studies Publishing Foundation, Inc.